For this week's scan, I was strapped onto a CTG to monitor baby heartbeat and contraction over a 15-min duration. I watched in anxiety as the baby heartbeat goes from 120 to 139rpm and then down to 117rpm and jump to 149rpm at times, with the light signal switching between green and amber and back to green, all the time while the CTG machine plotted the chart Dr Chen needed. According to the clinic assistant, I will be going through the CTG monitoring from this week onwards. Upon examining the chart, Dr Chen said there is no sign of contraction and baby is very active with strong heartbeat(he moved 7 times within 15 mins which is more than the required 2 movements.)
Weight wise, I have gained 3 kg over the last 2 weeks and now weighing a whopping 60 kg(Gosh!!!). I genuinely hope it is water retention and not the extra fats in my body that is causing this weight increase. Jimmy Junior has put on 200g and is now weighing 2.7kg at Week 36, with an estimated birth weight of 3.1kg at full term. His head is down but still not engaged, and his tummy is now on the left side of my uterus.
Dr Chen told us Jimmy has a 15% chance of missing the delivery process this week and the percentage will increase significantly as we progress with the pregnancy. We are praying hard that Jimmy Junior will be a good boy and wait for his daddy to come back from his China trip before deciding to come out and meet us;)I should be at Week38 when Jimmy comes back from his trip. God be with us!!!!
My parents moved over to stay with me while Jimmy is away, in case of any emergency and we have been spring cleaning the house, nursery, washing up baby clothing, clearing out cabinet space to accomodate the growing baby items at home. Ben is also on standby to be my F1 driver in case I need him to rush me to hospital. I need to pack my hospital bag real soon!!!
Finally, a note about my Ginny Girl, she has been misbehaving this week, refusing to eat her regular food, only want milk and treats, has been weeing outside her designated area and jumping onto my sofa. Jimmy thinks Ginny must know her competitor is coming out soon and hence throwing tantrums. I think I have been too lenient with her for the past weeks, so partly at fault for encouraging her bad behaviour. From now on, I am re-implementing her strict diet routine. Ginny, enough of your tantrums and behave yourself, ok!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment