Thursday, February 05, 2009

Week 34 Scan

Abdominal Circumference:300mm
Weight: 2.5kg
Mummy's Weight: 57.1kg
Mummy's Waist Measurement: 97cm

Jimmy Junior has gained another 500g over the past 2 weeks and this must have given him more energy to roll non-stop and make wave movements in my tummy. My sleep has been disturbed for the past week due to frequent toilet visits and the baby's continuous movement at night. I have been waking up at 3 plus 4am for the past few nights to visit the toilet, followed by tossing and turning when I get back to bed and then I am unable to get back to sleep until 6am. I suppose this is the beginning of my body's adjustment to motherhood and the sleepless nights to come when baby is out.

Friends have been telling me I look rounder and seem to have water retention in my body. My own observation is that my face is getting rounder, so have my waistline, which has grown to whopping 97cm!!

One good piece of news is the Streptococcus Group B result came back negative, so I won't need to be put on antibiotics before and during labour. That saves me the trouble of inserting the pill in vaginal as treatment for presence of Strep B.

As I am now in term for labour, Dr Chen is advising Jim to wrap up his travelling within the next 2 weeks to avoid missing the Precious Moment of our baby's delivery. Daddy is now stressed up with how best to work out his travelling schedule so as to avoid any regrets in missing the big moment;)

As for baby products, they are fast accumulating in the nursery waiting to be sorted out, washed and organised. We have been happily shopping and comparing prices in Malaysia during the last CNY weekend on baby toiletries and bought a good bunch of baby toiletries of course. Meanwhile, the baby cot, baby mattress, Aeroflow mattress cover, changing station, playpen, baby bouncer, bottle steriliser, food and bottle warmer, Dr Brown bottles and car seat have arrived from my BIL's warehouse. My cousin Richard has also handed us a whole load of 0 to 12 months Baby Boy clothing which has taken up most of the space in the changing station drawers. Coupled with our shopping in Malaysia of newborn rompers, mittens, booties, breastpads, toiletries, there is a lot of work to be done in the nursery. I must also start packing my hospital bag in case of any emergency. We realise the first newborn has a very long shopping list but the shoppers are willing and joyful shoppers;)

No comments: