Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Early Learning

It is fascinating to watch Isaac in early learning phase.

When lying down, his legs will kick vigorously and his hands have opened out by now. His left hand will grab a portion of his rompers to put into his mouth and his right hand will do a thumbs up when there are no toys within reach. He will spend time studying his fingers on his right hand's thumbs up action.

In his play gym, he is starting to use his fingers to grab and push the toys hanging over his head, he can grip and pull his singing purple elephant handle to make it sing for him. We were very surprised to hear the purple elephant singing one evening when we were having dinner and Isaac was alone at his play gym. We later realized it was due to Isaac's improving motor skills....he can make purple elephant sing on his own now.

He smiles a lot now in response to our smiles and voices. I have managed to engage him in extended conversation;)He really loves to talk to us and will answer us in his own baby language by cooing and making squeals. He will make eye contact and recognizes us.

I have bought him alphabet flash card, his first bible storybook and play book which allow both of us to enjoy some reading and learning time together. He responds excited when I read to him. I am using the bible storybook to do devotion with him by singing him a few praise songs, doing a morning prayer and reading bible stories to him. I firmly believe in starting the day right by honoring God and hope to continue this devotion routine with Isaac.

My little baby is growing and learning day by day;)

No comments: